laylaeatsbooksforbreakfast

Layla Eats Books For Breakfast

...and takes some with her afternoon tea as well.

Bookery Bookable Books

Hello, yet another book lover who goes by the name of Layla and has been living in this crazy world for over twenty years now!

Books. Such a pretty name for a thing to be called. Ooops, a thing, you say? Oh no, silly girl, books have a soul, too, you see! Alrighty doo.. these beautiful amazingly-smelling (unless they are the less fortunate, if you know what I mean) creatures have been part of my life ever since I was a very little child. I haven't loved them as much as I do now, it was more about the stories before. Nowadays, it's the stories and the simple fact that they have wonderful bindings, eye-pleasing spines, pages that make the most wonderful music and so many more different heart-breaking (in the best way possible) aspects. I consider myself not only quite an avid reader but also a collector. If I see a gorgeous book, I will want it. I will dream of it. I will have dreams in which the book chases me, until one day, I will go to the bookstore and buy it. I will give it an honourable place on my bookshelf and stare at it and not regret a single penny I paid for the book. Oh yes, that is what I am like when it comes to books.

This is what I was like two summers ago.. and now it only got worse (in other words, I am living a dream that none of my family seem to understand..)

Now that it is pretty clear who I might be, how about what I like to fill my days with. Apart from reading, reorganizing my bookshelves and touching books (for the sheer pleasure of it), I am very keen on coffee. Actually, that might not be quite explanatory. I drink coffee in gallons. Seven cups a day? No problem! Please be advised not to try having a conversation of any kind with me unless you see me holding my second cup of morning coffee.

Also, I very much like photographing. I used to spend much more time with my camera than I do these days, and I would like to fix that.. but you know. I do have a lot of galleries all over the internet with my works but I do not update them anymore. Maybe I will one day. Maybe I will do a lot of things I would like to do one day.

Did I mention I like to read in my free time? I did? That many times already? Alright...

Just to make things clear, what I will be doing here is taking pictures of books, reviewing books (commenting on books might be more accurate), blab about books, and enjoy myself while doing so. Read on, world!